BE THANKFUL TO THE LORD
With Thanksgiving and the season that is at hand here,
people often reflect on the things that they have to be thankful for.
During these times people often look for God and religion because that
is what our culture has made this time of year. Turkey and Ham, family,
and then God. Yet, we should not look at God during this time of
year, because we should always be focused on him. We are going to
look today at Biblical thanksgiving and what we have to truly be thankful
KJV Psalms 100:4-5
4. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations.
KJV Colossians 3:15
15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to
the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
BE THANKFUL FOR GOD SENDING CHRIST
KJV John 3:16
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his
only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but
have everlasting life.
KJV Romans 5:6-9
6. For when we were yet without strength,
in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7. For scarcely for a righteous man will
one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8. But God commendeth his love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9. Much more then, being now justified by
his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
KJV Ephesians 2:4-5
4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great
love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us
together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
BE THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR HIS GRACE
KJV Acts 15:11
11. But we believe that through the grace of the
Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
KJV Acts 20:32
32. And now, brethren, I commend you to God,
and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give
you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
KJV Romans 3:24
24. Being justified freely by his grace through
the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
KJV Romans 5:2
2. By whom also we have access by faith into this
grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
KJV Romans 5:15
15. But not as the offence, so also is the free
gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace
of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath
abounded unto many.
KJV Romans 5:20
20. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might
abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
BE THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THE CHURCH THAT MEETS HERE
ONE BODY YET MANY MEMBERS
KJV Romans 12:4-5
4. For as we have many members in one body,
and all members have not the same office:
5. So we, being many, are one body in Christ,
and every one members one of another.
KJV 1 Corinthians 12:13-14
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized
into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14. For the body is not one member, but many.
CHRIST IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH
KJV Ephesians 5:23
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even
as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
THE BODY IS THE CHURCH
KJV Colossians 1:18
18. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is
the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might
have the preeminence.
BE THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THE WRITTEN WORD
THE WORD IS THE WORD OF FAITH
KJV Romans 10:8
8. But what saith it? The word is nigh thee,
even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which
THE WORD IS SPIRIT AND LIFE
KJV John 6:63
63. It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh
profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and
they are life.
THE WORD IS A LAMP UNTO OUR FEET AND LIGHTS OUR PATHS
KJV Psalms 119:105
105. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light
unto my path.
THE WORD THAT CAN MAKE BELIEVE
KJV Acts 15:7
7. And when there had been much disputing,
Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a
good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth
should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
THE WORDS OF CHRIST
KJV Hebrews 1:1-2
1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners
spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,
whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
THANK GOD FOR SALVATION
KJV 2 Timothy 2:10
10. Therefore I endure all things for the elect's
sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus
with eternal glory.
KJV Ephesians 1:3
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places
HOW DO I OBTAIN SALVATION?
HEAR – ROMANS 10:17
BELIEVE IN CHRIST – HEBREWS 11:6
REPENT OF YOUR SINS – ACTS 17:30
CONFESS CHRIST – MATTHEW 10:32-33
BE BAPTIZED TO HAVE YOUR SINS REMITTED – ACTS 2:38, I
Copyright 1999 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.