THE CHRISTIAN WALK
OTHER SENSES ARE USED IN OUR CHRISTIAN DEFENITIONS
KJV Isaiah 45:22
22. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all
the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
KJV Isaiah 55:3
3. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear,
and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with
you, even the sure mercies of David.
THE MOUTH (TASTE)
KJV Psalms 34:8
8. O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed
is the man that trusteth in him.
HOW WE SHOULD WALK
NOT WITH THE UNGODLY
KJV Psalms 1:1-6
1. Blessed is the man that walketh not
in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor
sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2. But his delight is in the law of the
Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree planted
by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his
leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The ungodly are not so: but are like
the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand
in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6. For the Lord knoweth the way of the
righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
WE WALK IN TEMPTATION AND DARKNESS YET FEAR SHOULD
BE REMOVED AS WE HAVE THE LORD
KJV Psalms 23:1-6
1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me
in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy
rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in
the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup Runneth
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow
me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for
WE ARE BLESSED IF WE WALK IN THE WAYS OF THE LORD
KJV Psalms 128:1-2
1. Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord;
that walketh in his ways.
2. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine
hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
WE NEED TO WALK WORTHY OF OUR CALL
KJV Ephesians 4:1
1. I Therefore, the prisoner of the Lord,
beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
WALK NOT AS THE MIND THAT GOVERNS THE MANNER OF LIFE
KJV Ephesians 4:17
17. This I say therefore, and testify
in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the
vanity of their mind,
WALK IN LOVE
KJV Ephesians 5:2
2. And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved
us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for
a sweetsmelling savour.
WALK AS CHILDREN OF LIGHT
KJV Ephesians 5:8
8. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are
ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
KJV Ephesians 5:15
15. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not
as fools, but as wise,
WE ARE ABLE TO WALK BECAUSE WE HAVE LIFE
KJV 1 John 5:11-12
11 And this is the record, that God hath given
to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that
hath not the Son of God hath not life.
WE NEED TO WALK IN GOOD WORKS
KJV Ephesians 2:10
10. For we are his workmanship, created
in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we
should walk in them.
WE SHOULD WALK BY FAITH
KJV 2 Corinthians 5:7
7. (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
WE ARE RIGHTEOUS IF WE WALK AS GOD COMMANDS
KJV Luke 1:5-6
5. There was in the days of Herod, the
king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia:
and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6. And they were both righteous before
God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
WALK NOT IN DARKNESS
KJV John 8:12
12. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying,
I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness,
but shall have the light of life.
IF WE WALK IN THE DARK WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE AND
WE WILL STUMBLE
KJV John 11:9-10
9. Jesus answered, Are there not twelve
hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because
he seeth the light of this world.
10. But if a man walk in the night, he
stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
WE NEED TO WALK IN FEAR
KJV Acts 9:31
31. Then had the churches rest throughout all
Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear
of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
WE NEED TO WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE, HAVING BURIED OUR
KJV Romans 6:4
4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into
death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of
the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
KJV Colossians 1:10
10. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord
unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in
the knowledge of God;
IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT CHRIST BLOOD WILL CLEANSE OUR
KJV 1 John 1:7
7. But if we walk in the light, as he
is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of
Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
WALK IN TRUTH
KJV 2 John 1:4
4. I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children
walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
HOW DO I BEGIN MY WALK?
FIND THE PATH BY FOLLOWING THESE SIMPLE THINGS GOD
HAS GIVEN US TO DO PRIOR TO BEING WELCOMED IN THE CHRISTIAN WALK
BELIEVE – MARK 16:15-16
REPENT – LUKE 13:3
CONFESS – MATTHEW 10:32-33
BE BAPTIZED IN THE LORD’S CHURCH – I CORINTHIANS 12:12-13
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.