FLEE – FOLLOW – FIGHT
BE GODLY AND CONTENT AS YOU FOLLOW, FLEEING TEMPTATION, AND FIGHTING
THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH
KJV 1 Timothy 6:6-12
6. But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is
certain we can carry nothing out.
8. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and
a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction
10. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which
while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves
through with many sorrows.
11. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow
after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal
life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession
before many witnesses.
KJV 1 Corinthians 6:18
18. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the
body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
FLEE LUST AND IDOLATRY
KJV 1 Corinthians 10:6-14
6. Now these things were our examples, to the intent
we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7. Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as
it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8. Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them
committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also
tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10. Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured,
and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples:
and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world
12. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take
heed lest he fall.
13. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is
common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted
above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to
escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
14. Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
FLEE LUST AND FOLLOW RIGHTEOUSNESS, FAITH, LOVE AND PEACE
KJV 2 Timothy 2:22
22. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness,
faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
DO NOT FOLLOW THE MULTITUDES INTO EVIL
KJV Exodus 23:2
2. Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither
shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment:
KJV John 21:22
22. Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till
I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
FOLLOW THOSE THINGS FOR PEACE AND EDIFICATION
KJV Romans 14:19
19. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for
peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
FOLLOW AS PETER, ANDREW, JAMES, AND JOHN; TO BE FISHERS OF MEN
KJV Matthew 4:18-22
18. And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two
brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into
the sea: for they were fishers.
19. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make
you fishers of men.
20. And they straightway left their nets, and followed
21. And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren,
James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee
their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
22. And they immediately left the ship and their father,
and followed him.
FOLLOW IN KNOWLEDGE, PATIENCE, AND TEMPERANCE
KJV 2 Peter 1:4-6
4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious
promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having
escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your
faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience;
and to patience godliness;
FOLLOW WITH LOVE, AND TRUTH KNOWING THAT LOVE (CHARITY), FAITH, AND
HOPE IS ALL THAT WE HAVE!
KJV 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand
all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that
I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,
and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth
4. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth
not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her
own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6. Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7. Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth
all things, endureth all things.
8. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies,
they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there
be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10. But when that which is perfect is come, then that
which is in part shall be done away.
11. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood
as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish
12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then
face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I
13. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three;
but the greatest of these is charity.
PREACH AND PROTECT WHEN THE GOSPEL IS WANTED AND WHEN IT IS NOT WANTED
KJV 2 Timothy 4:1-7
1. I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord
Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and
2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3. For the time will come when they will not endure
sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves
teachers, having itching ears;
4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth,
and shall be turned unto fables.
5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions,
do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of
my departure is at hand.
7. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith:
BE READY FOR THE DEVIL THAT IS SEEKING TO DEVOUR AS A LION
KJV 1 Peter 5:8-9
8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the
devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9. Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the
same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
FIGHT IN SUBMISSION TO GOD – AS HIS SOLDIER
KJV James 4:7
7. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he
will flee from you.
USE THE SWORD IN THIS SPIRITUAL WARFARE
KJV Hebrews 4:12
12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than
any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents
of the heart.
BE SET TO DEFEND THE GOSPEL
KJV Philippians 1:17
17. But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defense
of the gospel.
BE A SOLDIER
KJV 2 Timothy 2:2-4
2. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many
witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach
3. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier
of Jesus Christ.
4. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this
life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
IF YOU HAVE NEVER BECOME A NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIAN THROUGH THE BLOOD
OF JESUS CHRIST TODAY IS THE DAY TO FOLLOW HIM. TO BE PART OF THIS
SPIRTUAL FAMILY THAT WILL SURELY INHERIT HEAVEN YOU MUST OBEY THE WORDS
OF CHRIST WHO WILL BE YOUR JUDGE. THE BIBLE TEACHES US FIVE STEPS
TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN. THE STEPS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
HEAR – ROMANS 10:17
BELIEVE – HEBREW 11:6
REPENT – ACTS 2:38
CONFESS – MATTHEW 10:32-33
BAPTISM – ACTS 22:16, ROMANS 6:1-6, AND I PETER 3:20-21
THEN YOU MUST REMAIN FAITHFUL TO HIM REVELATION 2:10!
TO THE CHRISTIAN
HAVE YOU BEEN CAUGHT WHILE FLEEING TEMPTATION?
HAVE YOU STUMBLED IN FOLLOWING?
HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED IN THE FIGHT?
LET JESUS BE PART OF YOUR LIFE AGAIN!
COME HOME TODAY!!
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.