YOU CANNOT HIDE IT FROM GOD!
WE CANNOT HIDE OUR SINS FROM GOD
KJV Psalms 69:5
5. O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my
sins are not hid from thee.
GOD IS EVERYWHERE
KJV Jeremiah 23:24
24. Can any hide himself in secret places that
I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith
I. SOME THAT TRIED TO HIDE
ADAM AND EVE
KJV Genesis 3:1-10
1. Now the serpent was more subtil than
any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the
woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent,
We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3. But of the fruit of the tree which
is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither
shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4. And the serpent said unto the woman,
Ye shall not surely die:
5. For God doth know that in the day ye
eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing
good and evil.
6. And when the woman saw that the tree
was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to
be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat,
and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7. And the eyes of them both were opened,
and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together,
and made themselves aprons.
8. And they heard the voice of the Lord
God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife
hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the
9. And the Lord God called unto Adam,
and said unto him, Where art thou?
10. And he said, I heard thy voice in
the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
KJV Jonah 1:1-17
1. Now the word of the Lord came unto Jonah
the son of Amittai, saying,
2. Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city,
and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.
3. But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish
from the presence of the Lord, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship
going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it,
to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.
4. But the Lord sent out a great wind
into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship
was like to be broken.
5. Then the mariners were afraid, and
cried every man unto his god, and cast forth the wares that were in the
ship into the sea, to lighten it of them. But Jonah was gone down into
the sides of the ship; and he lay, and was fast asleep.
6. So the shipmaster came to him, and
said unto him, What meanest thou, O sleeper? arise, call upon thy God,
if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not.
7. And they said every one to his fellow,
Come, and let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil
is upon us. So they cast lots, and the lot fell upon Jonah.
8. Then said they unto him, Tell us, we
pray thee, for whose cause this evil is upon us; What is thine occupation?
and whence comest thou? What is thy country? and of what people art thou?
9. And he said unto them, I am an Hebrew;
and I fear the Lord, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the
10. Then were the men exceedingly afraid,
and said unto him. Why hast thou done this? For the men knew that he fled
from the presence of the Lord, because he had told them.
11. Then said they unto him, What shall
we do unto thee, that the sea may be calm unto us? for the sea wrought,
and was tempestuous.
12. And he said unto them, Take me up,
and cast me forth into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto you: for
I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you.
13. Nevertheless the men rowed hard to
bring it to the land; but they could not: for the sea wrought, and was
tempestuous against them.
14. Wherefore they cried unto the Lord,
and said, We beseech thee, O Lord, we beseech thee, let us not perish for
this man's life, and lay not upon us innocent blood: for thou, O Lord,
hast done as it pleased thee.
15. So they took up Jonah, and cast him
forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.
16. Then the men feared the Lord exceedingly,
and offered a sacrifice unto the Lord, and made vows.
17. Now the Lord had prepared a great
fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three
days and three nights.
ANANIAS AND SAPPHIRA
KJV Acts 5:1-10
1. But a certain man named Ananias, with
Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2. And kept back part of the price, his
wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at
the apostles' feet.
3. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan
filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the
price of the land?
4. Whiles it remained, was it not thine
own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou
conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto
5. And Ananias hearing these words fell
down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard
6. And the young men arose, wound him
up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7. And it was about the space of three
hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me
whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9. Then Peter said unto her, How is it
that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the
feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry
10. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and
yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and,
carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
II. GOD KNOWS!
HE SEARCHES US AND KNOWS US
KJV Psalms 139:1-9
1. O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known
2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine
uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3. Thou compassest my path and my lying
down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4. For there is not a word in my tongue,
but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5. Thou hast beset me behind and before,
and laid thine hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for
me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7. Whither shall I go from thy spirit?
or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8. If I ascend up into heaven, thou art
there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9. If I take the wings of the morning,
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
III. GOD WILL FORGIVE US
IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS TO HIM
KJV 1 John 1:8-10
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive
ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful
and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned,
we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
HE WILL NOT REMEMBER OUR SINS – WIPED CLEAN
KJV Jeremiah 31:34
34. And they shall teach no more every man his
neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall
all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the
Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin
WE WILL GIVE AN ACCOUNT
KJV Romans 14:12
12.So then every one of us shall give account of himself
DO YOU WANT A CLEAN HEART AND A RENEWED BEING?
KJV Psalms 51:9-10
9. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot
out all mine iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a
right spirit within me.
ONE WHO HEARS THE GOSPEL, BELIEVES IT, REPENTS OF
THEIR SINS, CONFESSES CHRIST AND IS BAPTIZED CAN HAVE THIS NEW BEING (ROMANS
6:4) A NEW LIFE!
IT IS THROUGH CHRIST BLOOD THAT WE HAVE FORGIVENESS
KJV Ephesians 1:7
7. In whom we have redemption through his blood,
the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
WE CAN DO THIS THROUGH BAPTISM (REMISSION) OF
KJV Acts 2:38
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be
baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission
of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.