BUY THE TRUTH AND SELL IT NOT!
KJV Proverbs 23:23
23. Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction,
Friends and brethren, those that teach error once knowing truth have
sold the truth at the cost of their soul. We need to stand against
such things and proclaim the Gospel truth as the Lord Jesus Christ gives
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
KJV John 8:32
32. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall
make you free.
MAN’S WAY DOES NOT LEAD TO GOD
KJV Proverbs 14:12
12. There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the
end thereof are the ways of death.
MANY WILL BE WRONG
KJV Matthew 7:21-23
21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall
enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father
which is in heaven.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have
we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and
in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew
you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
YOU WILL BE JUDGED FOR REJECTING THE AUTHORITY OF THE WORD
KJV John 12:48
48. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words,
hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall
judge him in the last day.
CHRIST HAS ALL AUTHORITY, HIS WORD’S ARE BINDING
KJV Matthew 28:18-20
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power
is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing
them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded
you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
THE BIBLE IS INSPIRED OF GOD
KJV 2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable
for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished
unto all good works.
WE CANNOT TAKE ANYONE’S WORD OVER THE BIBLE
KJV Galatians 1:7-10
7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble
you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any
other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him
9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man
preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be
10. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek
to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of
WE CAN KNOW BY SEARCHING THE BOOK
KJV Acts 17:11
11. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica,
in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched
the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
WE SHOULD FOLLOW CHRIST’ EXAMPLE
KJV 1 Peter 2:21
21. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also
suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
CHRIST LOVED BUT STILL DEMANDED - WE CANNOT BE SOFT ON THOSE
THAT NEED SAVED
KJV Mark 10:21-23
21. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto
him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and
give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take
up the cross, and follow me.
22. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved:
for he had great possessions.
23. And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his
disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom
WE MUST TEACH, BY EXAMPLE, AND WE MUST KEEP THE DOCTRINE AND READ
TO KNOW IT
KJV 1 Timothy 4:8-13
. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable
unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which
is to come.
9. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
10. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach,
because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially
of those that believe.
11. These things command and teach.
12. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example
of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith,
13. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation,
WE CANNOT LET FALSE TEACHERS THINK THAT THEY ARE RIGHT, NOR CAN WE
BID THEM GODSPEED
KJV 2 John 1:9-11
9. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine
of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he
hath both the Father and the Son.
10. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine,
receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11. For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
THOSE NOT FULLY WITH CHRIST ARE AGAINST HIM
KJV Matthew 12:30
30. He that is not with me is against me; and he that
gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
WE MUST PREPARE OURSELVES FOR BATTLE
KJV Ephesians 6:10-17
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the
power of his might.
11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able
to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but
against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness
of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all,
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with
truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith
ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword
of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
WE MUST ENDURE AS A GOOD SOLDIER
KJV 2 Timothy 2:3-4
3. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier
of Jesus Christ.
4. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs
of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
WE MUST NOT LET OTHERS MAKE US FEEL WE ARE WRONG BECAUSE WE TELL
THEM THE TRUTH
KJV Galatians 4:16
16. Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
WE MUST FIGHT FOR GOD
KJV 1 Timothy 6:12-14
12. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life,
whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before
13. I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth
all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed
a good confession;
14. That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable,
until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
WE MUST JUDGE AS GOD HAS GIVEN US COMMANDMENT TO KEEP THE DISORDERLY
WITHDRAWN FROM US
KJV 2 Thessalonians 3:6
6. Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our
Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that
walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
WE MUST DO THIS TO CAUSE SHAME AND IN LOVE
KJV 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15
14. And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note
that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
15. Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
WE ARE TO HAVE NO FELLOWSHIP WITH UNFRUITFUL WORKS OF DARKNESS
KJV Ephesians 5:11
11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness,
but rather reprove them.
IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN LET THE TRUTH SAVE YOU TODAY. LET
THE TRUTH SET YOU FREE.
YOU HAVE HEARD – ROM 10:17
BELIEVE - KJV John 8:24
24. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for
if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
REPENT – ACTS 26:20
CONFESS – ACTS 8:37
BE BAPTIZED – ACTS 8:38
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.