STUDY TO BE NOT ASHAMED BUT APPROVED
KJV 2 Timothy 2:15
15. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman
that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
WE NEED TO KEEP CHRIST WORDS IF WE LOVE HIM. HOW COULD WE LOVE
HIM IF DID NOT KNOW HIS WORDS?
KJV John 14:23
23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he
will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto
him, and make our abode with him.
THE WORD IS THE WORD OF GOD
KJV 1 Thessalonians 2:13
13. For this cause also thank we God without ceasing,
because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received
it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which
effectually worketh also in you that believe.
THOSE THINGS REVEALED ARE REVEALED FOR US TO DO THE WORDS OF HIS
KJV Deuteronomy 29:29
29. The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those
things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,
that we may do all the words of this law.
READ TO UNDERSTAND THE KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE GIVEN TO US
KJV Ephesians 3:3-4
3. How that by revelation he made known unto me the
mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge
in the mystery of Christ)
WE NEED TO STUDY WITH A READINESS OF MIND
KJV Acts 17:11
11. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that
they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures
daily, whether those things were so.
WE MUST KNOW THE WILL OF GOD
KJV Matthew 7:21
21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter
into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which
is in heaven.
WE KNOW WE NEED TO STUDY; TO NOT DO SO IS SIN
KJV James 4:17
17. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth
it not, to him it is sin.
WE NEED TO STUDY TO KNOW GODíS COMMANDMENTS
KJV Revelation 22:14
14. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may
have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into
WE LIVE BY THE WORD OF GOD
KJV Deuteronomy 8:3
3. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed
thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know;
that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but
by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.
CHRISTIANS NEED TO KNOW ALL COMMANDMENTS THAT WE DO NOT LEAVE OUT
ANY AND BE AS HYPOCRITES
KJV Matthew 23:23
23. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay
tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters
of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and
not to leave the other undone.
THE WORD OF GOD BRINGS FAITH
KJV Romans 10:17
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word
WITHOUT FAITH GOD IS NOT PLEASED
KJV Hebrews 11:6
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him:
for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder
of them that diligently seek him.
GODLINESS IS PROFITABLE
KJV 1 Timothy 4:8-9
8. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness
is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is,
and of that which is to come.
9. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
GOD HAS GIVEN US ALL THAT PERTAINS TO LIFE AND GODLINESS
KJV 2 Peter 1:3
3. According as his divine power hath given unto us
all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge
of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
WE ELUDE SIN THROUGH BELIEF IN THE DOCTRINE DELIVERED TO US
KJV Romans 6:16-23
16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants
to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death,
or of obedience unto righteousness?
17. But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of
sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was
18. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants
19. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity
of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness
and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants
to righteousness unto holiness.
20. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free
21. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye
are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22. But now being made free from sin, and become servants
to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God
is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
DO NOT BE DESTROYED FOR A LACK OF KNOWLEDGE
KJV Hosea 4:6
6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because
thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt
be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will
also forget thy children.
WE ARE SAVED FROM BELIEVING THE TESTIMONY GIVEN IN THE BIBLE
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
7. And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the
Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know
God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9. Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction
from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10. When he shall come to be glorified in his saints,
and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among
you was believed) in that day.
THE WORD OF GOD WILL BUILD US UP
KJV Acts 20:32
32. And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of
his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance
among all them which are sanctified.
GIVE ATTENDANCE TO READING
KJV 1 Timothy 4:13
13. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to
THE BIBLE AND WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT SALVATION
KJV Acts 8:26-39
26. And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying,
Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem
unto Gaza, which is desert.
27. And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia,
an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who
had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
28. Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias
29. Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join
thyself to this chariot.
30. And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read
the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31. And he said, How can I, except some man should guide
me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32. The place of the scripture which he read was this,
He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his
shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33. In his humiliation his judgment was taken away:
and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34. And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray
thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35. Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same
scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36. And as they went on their way, they came unto a
certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder
me to be baptized?
37. And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine
heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ
is the Son of God.
38. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and
they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he
39. And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the
Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on
his way rejoicing.
THE EUNUCH - HEARD, BELIEVED, CONFESSED AND WAS BAPTIZED!
SINCE REPENTING IS AN INWARD ACT WE MUST BELIEVE THAT HE DID THIS
AS WELL AS IT IS COMMANDED !
LUKE 13:3, ACTS 2:38, AND ACTS 17:30
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.