Before one can speak on divorce he must first speak on marriage. It takes first having the marriage before a divorce can occur.
Man needs a woman and a woman would not exist without a man.
KJV Genesis 2:18-24
18. And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19. And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22. And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24. Therefore shall a man leave his father and
his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
It is honorable
KJV Hebrews 13:4
25. Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
It is good
KJV Proverbs 18:22
22. Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.
Marriage is intended to last till death do you part.
KJV Romans 7:2-3
2. For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be
married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband
be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though
she be married to another man.
Marriage is joined together by God.
KJV Matthew 19:5-6
5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Fornication (Any unlawful sexual intercourse.)
Adultery (Voluntary sexual intercourse between to married but not to each other individuals.)
KJV Matthew 19:8-9
8. He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
31. It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
10. And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11. But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
KJV Luke 16:18
18. Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
HOW TO MAKE IT RIGHT
First- forgiveness of the Father (GOD) and the spouse must be reconciled.
Revelations 2:5 says to repent and do the first works.
Acts 26:26 Repent and turn to God and do works meet for repentance.
Lets not ever make the mistake of hurting our spouses or leaving the
commandments of God.
Copyright 1999 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.