GOD EXPECTS DEDICATION
Defined – wholehearted devotion.
Many that are baptized into Christ and his Church do
not realize the dedication that they commit themselves to. When one
becomes a Christian they make a dedication of themselves to Christ and
the cause of the Gospel. In this lesson we will attempt to define
dedication and what it involves.
WE NEED TO DEDICATE OURSELVES TO BE FIRM AND UNEMOVEABLE
KJV 1 Corinthians 15:58
58. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be
ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch
as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
WE NEED TO DEDICATE OURSELVES TO BE RIGHTEOUS
KJV Philippians 1:11
11. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness,
which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
WE NEED TO DEDICATE OURSELVES TO WALKING RIGHT BEFORE
KJV Colossians 1:9-10
9. For this cause we also, since the day
we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might
be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
10. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord
unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in
the knowledge of God;
WE ARE TO DEDICATE OURSELVES TO THE FAITH AND NOT MOVE
KJV Hebrews 10:23
23. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without
wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
WHAT DID CHRIST CONSIDER TO BE DEDICATION
CHRIST CONSIDERED DEDICATION TO BE PUTTING HIM FIRST
KJV Matthew 10:37-39
37. He that loveth father or mother more than
me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me
is not worthy of me.
38. And he that taketh not his cross,
and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39. He that findeth his life shall lose
it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
HE CONSIDERED DEDICATION TO FOLLOW HIM TOTALLY WITHOUT
CLINGING TO THIS WORLD AND THE THINGS YOU’VE LEARNED TO LOVE
KJV Matthew 19:16-22
16. And, behold, one came and said unto him,
Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17. And he said unto him, Why callest
thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt
enter into life, keep the commandments.
18. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said,
Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not
steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19. Honour thy father and thy mother:
and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20. The young man saith unto him, All
these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21. Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt
be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou
shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22. But when the young man heard that saying, he went
away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
HOW DID PAUL DEDICATE HIMSELF TO CHRIST?
FIRST LET US LOOK AT PAUL’S CONVERSION AND HOW QUICKLY
HE BEGAN TO WORK FOR THE LORD
KJV Acts 9:1-20
1. And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings
and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2. And desired of him letters to Damascus
to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were
men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
3. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus:
and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4. And he fell to the earth, and heard
a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5. And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And
the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to
kick against the pricks.
6. And he trembling and astonished said,
Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise,
and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7. And the men which journeyed with him
stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8. And Saul arose from the earth; and
when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand,
and brought him into Damascus.
9. And he was three days without sight,
and neither did eat nor drink.
10. And there was a certain disciple at
Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias.
And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
11. And the Lord said unto him, Arise,
and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house
of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
12. And hath seen in a vision a man named
Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his
13. Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have
heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at
14. And here he hath authority from the
chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
15. But the Lord said unto him, Go thy
way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles,
and kings, and the children of Israel:
16. For I will shew him how great things
he must suffer for my name's sake.
17. And Ananias went his way, and entered
into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord,
even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent
me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
18. And immediately there fell from his
eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose,
and was baptized.
19. And when he had received meat, he
was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were
20. And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues,
that he is the Son of God
PAUL WAS HAPPY TO SUFFER FOR CHRIST
KJV Colossians 1:24-29
24. Who now rejoice in my sufferings for
you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my
flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
25. Whereof I am made a minister, according
to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the
word of God;
26. Even the mystery which hath been hid
from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27. To whom God would make known what
is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is
Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28. Whom we preach, warning every man,
and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect
in Christ Jesus:
29. Whereunto I also labour, striving
according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.
DEDICATED ENOUGH TO FACE PERSECUTION
KJV 2 Corinthians 12:10
10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities,
in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's
sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
ALL THAT LIVE GODLY WILL FACE PERSECUTION
KJV 2 Timothy 3:12
12. Yea, and all that will live godly
in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
PAUL FACING AND OVERCOMING WAS DEDICATED
KJV Ephesians 3:7-21
7. Whereof I was made a minister, according
to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working
of his power.
8. Unto me, who am less than the least
of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles
the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9. And to make all men see what is the
fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been
hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities
and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold
wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which
he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12. In whom we have boldness and access
with confidence by the faith of him.
13. Wherefore I desire that ye faint not
at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
14. For this cause I bow my knees unto
the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15. Of whom the whole family in heaven
and earth is named,
16. That he would grant you, according
to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit
in the inner man;
17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts
by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18. May be able to comprehend with all
saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19. And to know the love of Christ, which
passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding
abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that
worketh in us,
21. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus
throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO OBEDIENT TO CHRIST?
IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED!
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:8
8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on
them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus
CHRIST SAYS TO:
HEAR – ROMANS 10:17
BELIEVE – JOHN 8:24
REPENT – LUKE 13:3
CONFESS – MATTHEW 10:32-33
BE BAPTIZED – BORN AGAIN OF WATER – JOHN 3:3-5
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.