Am I ready to die, should be a question that we
think about often. Life is so short, and we have no warning when
it will end. James mentioned by inspiration that life is as a vapor.
(James 4:13-14) “Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go
into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get
gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your
life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth
away.” Are you ready? The five of the ten virgins were not.
(Matthew 25:1-13) “Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten
virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were
foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:But the wise took oil
in their vessels with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all
slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold,
the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins
arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise,
Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered,
saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather
to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to
buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to
the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other
virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said,
Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know
neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh." This
article will point out some points of preparation.
1. Have you believed? John 8:24; Mark 16:16; Heb. 11:6; James 2:19. Yes or No
2. Have you repented? 2 Cor. 7:10; Acts 3:19 Yes or No
3. Have you confessed? Matt. 10:32-33; Rom. 10:9-10 Yes or No
4. Have you been baptized? Matt. 28:18-20. Yes or No
5. Have you been immersed? Rom. 6:1-6; Acts 8:36-38. Yes or No
6. Have you been baptized for the remission of sins into the Church? Acts 2:38; I Cor 12:12-13. Yes or No
7. Are you a Christian? (Only answer yes if you answered yes to the first 6 questions.) Yes or No
8. Do you study the Bible every day? 2 Tim. 2:15; Psa. 119:11; Matt. 5:6. Yes or No
9. Do you attend all the services of the church? Hebrews 13:7&17; Heb. 10:25. Yes or No
10. Do you contribute properly?1 Cor. 16:1-2. Yes or No
11. Are you a soul winner? Matt. 4:19. Yes or No
12. Do you pray without ceasing? 1 Thess. 5:17 Yes or No
13. Could we use your life as a pattern for other Christians? Matt. 5:13-16; 1 Tim. 4:12. Yes or No
14. Do you want to go to heaven? John 14:1-3 Yes or No
15. Will you make it right today? Yes or No
IF YOU ANSWERED “NO” TO ANY OF THE ABOVE, CHRIST WILL ANSWER YOU IN THAT FINAL DAY LIKE THIS:
“…Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:” Matthew 25:41
“And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord. ” Acts 22:16
If you are a Christian and you have departed from the
faith, come home!
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.